Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Question - Panasonic TU-DSB30

Options
  • 04-01-2002 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    Hopefully someone might be able to shed light on this one. A couple of months ago I bought a Panasonic TU-DSB30. When I eventually got around to connecting it up, after my FTV card arrived, I noticed that in the menu, that no card serial number appeared when I installed the card. It still said 'no card'. When I put the card in my Grundig, the correct number appeared. Just to prove that it wasn't the BBC card itself, I put my $ky card from the Grundig into the Panny. Same message. I got the FTV card married to the Grundig just to ensure that everything was OK from that angle, and that works.
    I have since read on another forum that this is not that rare with this model. That the card reader can come away from the motherboard. Any ideas as to how I could get this box repaired in the Dublin area, or could I even do it myself.

Thanks,

Trev.javascript:smilie(':confused:')

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Armstrong Electronics repair panasonics (it even Rhymes)

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bmg

had the same problem with a panasonic. the safest bet is to replace the card reader. almost any old reader from ahy scrap analogue box should do.requires some soldering skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lunchy

I'll repair it, just email me if your not sorted

cheers

Advertisement