Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Beautiful Mind

Options
  • 01-01-2002 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

When I finally saw _Gladiator_ on HBO, I wondered why Russell Crowe had won the academy award for best actor. Wasn't impressed. But it must have been the small screen I was viewing it on because in _A Beautiful Mind_ he is simply superlative. The film is very well-done and yup, it has many redeeming features in it, such as loyalty, faith, hope and courage. John Nash was a genius of a mathematician at Princeton in the 1950s. His life spun out of control into a nightmare of schhizophrenia. Ostensibly it's about how he overcame this to win a Nobel Prize in Economics but the more profound message of the film is contained in the character of his wife, beautifully and passionately played by Jennifer Connelly. Ron Howard stitches the film together seamlessly. A Beautiful Mind Preview

Advertisement