Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handspring Visor Pro Connectivity

Options
  • 29-12-2001 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,

Anybody got any recommendations on getting a Handspring Visor Pro connected to the net?

I'm looking at either getting my mobile upgraded to a data-enabled model and getting a modem card, or getting the Visorphone.

Has anyone had success getting a visor online, and whats the best way to do it?

rgds

Alan

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

best way to start is how much do u need the 'net from ur visor and how much do u want to spend.

what mobile have you @ the moment?

you may be able to get an IR/datacable connector for it.

have a look @ www.expansys.com for more info on wireless kit.
    i've managed (its easy) to get my palm Vx to connect, so if u need a hand just post.

//MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I can connect to the Internet with my Palm Vx, via IRComm to my 7110. The following tutorial is geared twoards Palm, but the principle should be the same for a Handspring Visor:

http://www.snakeweb.demon.co.uk/palmpilot/internet.html

As for a browser/mail client, I use the Eudora Internet Suite, although there are numerous other free, shareware and commercial browser/mail clients out there.

Advertisement