Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate - the movie

Options
  • 26-12-2001 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,342 ✭✭✭✭

I never saw any of Stargate (the movie - 1994) until last night, (although Gambler and Snowball have coerced me into watching the TV series) and now I know why ... Kurt Russell is in it. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I got the Director's Cut DVD for crimbo... Only to find out it was on TV last night...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I enjoyed it, if only to see the very severe crew cut of Russel & the original mannerisms that TV's Dr. Jackson had to copy from James Spader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It wasn't the Director's Cut they showed last night Angel Whore, although the extra scenes don't make a whole lot of difference to the film as a whole. I thought it was a good laugh when I first saw it, pleasingly over the top, and of course Kurt's Eagle-Eye Action Man haircut is always good for a laff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Watching Kurt Russell is a wonderful way of reminding yourself just how good Richard Dean Anderson actually is...

I really like the Stargate movie, but realistically it's a testament to the ingenuity of those behind the TV series that they're managing not only to rival, but to surpass that sense of scale and level of grandeur on a weekly basis in a relatively low budget TV show. If the mooted Stargate SG1 movie ever gets off the ground, it'll be very interesting to see how it's handled and how it stands up in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I like Kurt Russell !!!

he has been in some of me favourite films

The Thing
    Escape from New York
    Big Trouble in Little China

Then again, he has been in

Tango and Cash
    Escape from LA
    Backdraft ....

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

man, im so bored im gonna go watch the stargate movie on video now. it wont have the extra swearing and 1 or 2 scenes of extra violence that the DVD version has, but it will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

wasnt this movier going to be the first in a series of films before they decided to go with a tv series. read that somewhere. any 1 got any more info??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Goh, I haven't seen some of these users in a fair while. Anyway..

You Can Now Watch the Original Stargate Movie for Free
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/you-can-now-watch-the-original-stargate-movie-for-free-1823037097
    this week MGM put the full film on YouTube for free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I liked it as well

Advertisement