Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro calculator

Options
  • 19-12-2001 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

My dad got a euro convertor calculator in the post for some reason (assume they're being given out for free)

This thing is really handy and I'm sure y'all know the one I'm talking about.

Anyone have any idea where I get one just like it?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I got one a few weeks ago, AFAIK everyone house in the country gets one, and they're free
    I think they're brillant(for the women :p )
    I am not too sure if people are alowed to get multiable ammounts of them.. check out the post offices or banks maybe for one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Get Currency Converter Pro for yout PC - for all your Euro conversion needs :)http://niall.okeeffe.com/cconpro/

Okay, so the setup program doesnt create a start menu group properly in NT/2000 - but the program does the job.

--

And yes, it's only one per household, apparently. (And one per business, which is a bit silly in pubs or clubs that have a lot of tills / transaction points)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've updated the Currency Converter Pro program a wee bit - made slight interface tweaks and fixed it so that the Installer SHOULD work properly and create a program group on the Start Menu in Windows NT, 2000 or XP. The file you have to download is now also smaller (only 689Kb).

Currency Converter Pro 2002 (version 3.5) is now available at http://niall.okeeffe.com/cconpro/download.html ...

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Thanks for that bard, nice n handy.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I got one of them calculators the other week aswell but about an hour after it had been opened it broke !
    Damn government and their faulty calculators :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Our house never recieved one, everyone around us did though... strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dragonkin

Wonder if berties cousin twice removed makes calculators (or candles) :)

Anyways i think there're great, but not as useful as that little card you get from AIB which shows you pounds if you look one way and euros the other... perfect for the lazy git ;)

DK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Eh, does anybody else not think this was a total waste of tax payers money. Why the hell did they just send one to every house without even asking if we wanted them. Surely they could have just made them available to people who wanted them, while the rest of us who can do basic arithmetic in our heads (or already have a calculator, or don't care anyway) would rather what it cost us in the first place. So much unnecessary blurb about the Euro too. It's not like people need a handbook everytime they buy some sterling and go to england on holidays. Eh thats my euro-rant anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I know each registered blind person is receiving free talking euro converters

there were five of them sent to my sisters house and two sent to another sister her 2 year old is registered blind so he got one :)

Advertisement