Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kernel 32 illegal operation

Options
  • 19-12-2001 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone can anyone help, or even if I should be worried. I regularly get kicked out of Internet Explorer (on Windows 98) with the warning 'This program has caused an illegal operation...' the details usually say 'Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll'

Its happening more and more often and I'm a bit concerned about any effect it maight be having on the rest of the computer. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

kernal errors are Very serious... Do not ignore them... In my past experiance, I've had to completly restore a computer (format, reinstall OS) because of errors involving Kernal/kernal32.dll

You might try re-installing IE or upgrade your internet explorer if possable, although I don't think it would do much good as it sounds like an OS problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

You might try re-installing IE or upgrade your internet explorer if possable

Upgraded to Internet Explorer 6 and it seems to have done the trick (so far anyway!) Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah IE (any ver) seems to go through phases of being a prick. Least it always has for me. I'd advise going out and getting opera or some other browser(except Netscape, ugh :p), even tho IE6 has worked fine for me.

Advertisement