Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital is taking over my TV

Options
  • 17-12-2001 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by daveirl
    OK I just got Sky Digital and the installer set it up with my TV but I don't think it's working right. I have to turn off my Digital box to watch RTE etc because Sky is appearing on every channel. To complicate matters I still have my chorus box because the subscription doesn't run out for a while.

Now I was thinking would it be possible to have the Chorus box tuned to No.5 on my TV. Sky digi on AV. and the terrestrial channels on 1-4?

BTW At the moment I have the Digital Box connected to the TV and video via SCART cables.

Hi, press the tv button on the sky remote and see if that helps, if not go into the picture settings menu and turn scart control off.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Hi Dave,

Follow these steps and you should sort out your problem. Select Services on the Sky Remote. Choose Picture settings. One of the options is Scart control. I expect that this is set to on. Set it to off and save the new settings. This should allow you to press TV on the Sky remote and select one to five in order to view the terrestrial channels (extra-terrestrial in the case of Chorus).

Unfortunately this method turns off the RGB output. The composite PAL is not quite as crisp (but is still very good). It's just a limitation on some older TVs that you'll have to live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Hi Tony,

Snap !!!

Advertisement