Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Digital - PPV footie

Options
  • 16-12-2001 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else getting go Digital had problems receiving an unscrambled signal from NTL?

I ordered the Leeds v Leicester game today - no signal. "We are experiencing problems with Digital" said an employee.. "We'll try and send a booster signal. If it doesn't work by half time, get back to us. We'll give you a credit."

What a pile of crock!

It's bad enough having sound/piture lockups, and having to regularily unplug the decoder without having this problem thrust upon us.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that NTL tried a fast one to get the ODTR to approve their price hike!

Comments

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that NTL tried a fast one to get the ODTR to approve their price hike!

It's Crazy,there should be a refund of NTL's price hike, and of Sky's too for that matter-They're both promising things, they are not delivering:mad:
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cableskeptic

Don't be surprised if you don't get good service from ntl at the moment.

According to this article they are in crisis mode:

http://news.ft.com/ft/gx.cgi/ftc?pagename=View&c=Article&cid=FT3H9NZE8VC&live=true

This quote is interesting....

"The company says it can extract more revenue at lower cost by encouraging existing users to add services rather than signing up new homes and installing equipment".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

"The company says it can extract more revenue at lower cost by encouraging existing users to add services rather than signing up new homes and installing equipment".

Sky made a similar statement themselves a few months back so NTL arent the only one in this case :( But incidentially, I see my DEcember bill is gone from £12-something to £13-something....anyone know why, or did I miss ANOTHER increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

So many points so little time.............

First off, NTL are in serious trouble, despite to rather different press releases they have made, the rumour yesterday was that Telewest was going to take them over, there share price in the US has dropped a lot in the last week or so.......they main problem for them is that they are secure until 2003 but then they apparently only have 2 days of operation after that as they only have enough cash to run and pay interest for two days ($17billion dollars of debt runs up a lot of interest), if they can't reduce their debt very quickly then there isn't any way out but to sell, they are already trying to sell different parts of their assets in order to bring the debt down.........

Sky, well they have dropped some channels but added more than they've lost, so even if the new channels aren't to your taste they have added them so you are getting around the same for your Euro........
    .......NTL however - well they are still sticking with the story that they are signing up 1,000 people a week/month to Go, surely if this was the case I would actually know somebody that has gotten it ????
    All I see is more and more Minidish's around, so something is wrong there, my mam was wondering why her standard bill for NTL was higher this month so I had a look at it and they have added a little charge for a two day period, when apparently the billing period was changed last month, so it looks like they have charged twice for this, I'll have to have a look at my own bill though to make sure.......

Advertisement