Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local packet sniffer?

Options
  • 14-12-2001 7:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing what appears to be odd Internet traffic on my machine, and I'm not sure why it's happening. Is there some kind of local packet sniffer out there (W2K) that will enable me to monitor what's actually going in and out?

TIA,
    adam

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

windump might be what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

Win2k server comes with a network monitor utility, that allows you to monitor whichever interface you want. It'll show graphs over time, and simply just the info on all connections being made in real time....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Does it come in 2K Pro Static? I don't see it anywhere, although I have very few Windows components installed.

I got an eval of CommView in the meantime anyway, and that's answered my question. Still curious though.

adam

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I think that link should be http://www.ethereal.com/ Micro :)

.logic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement