Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrupt presidents and congress....

Options
  • 14-12-2001 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi people,

Here's an interesting topic for debate...and also an essay I have to have done for tuesday, so all help would be appreciated :)

How valid is the assumption that Congress and the Presidency represent special interests rather then the general public?

By special interests I'm talking topics such as gun control, oil mining and the lobbyists who
    attempt to bribe/influence politicians into pushing their agenda. I'm sure it has happened many times in the past and will in the future, but does anyone know of any specific examples?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You mean like the time the DCMA managed to get the US to pass a law that allows them to hack into other peoples machines and delete illegal media (and not being accountable for any damages).

(see Slashdot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Hobbes, that rider was added, then REMOVED

It's not in US law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Albrecht and Gobbin (Schumpeter and the Rise of Modern Environmentalism available att www.feem.it working paper 18.01).

This paper should provide you with an excellant starting point for a real world analysis of issue development and political lobbying.

(Don't plagerise the paper 'cause any examiner would see straight through that)

Advertisement