Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 dish 2 decoders

Options
  • 13-12-2001 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

:) Hello thanks for answers to my question, am new to this and so far think it's great that ther are other people out there with the same interests in quality digital entertainment. I am currently with caveman t.v (chorus) and am waiting for the sky + box to become available before I take the digital leap. here is my question my neighbour recently got a sky dish installed and I was wondering could I get a decoder and share his dish, this is not out of tightness but rather to save 2 dishes being on our roof (semi detatched).

Comments

This is great to read,very Environmentally friendly.
    The quick answer is yes-but I will leave it to others to explain what you need
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Actually you will not need much at all. The Sky + box comes with a quad LNB which fits on the end of any dish. Your installer should be able to take off the current LNB and replace it with the new one. Sky + requires two feeds, your neighbour will require one, so you will still have a spare feed after the two of you are connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 happyhammer

Your problem will become this. Once you get Sky+ (2 outputs from LNB) and tell your neighbour how 'great' it is, he'll want to get one. Since he already has a digibox he'll want to put that in the bedroom and pay the extra £10-12 to get all channels on this one as well. So he'll need 3 outputs from the LNB.

When i was at school they said 2+3>4.
    End result? get your own dish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pug

Yes I think I will get my own dish anyway, its just that because of the way my hose is facing my neighbours dish is on our shared chimney so I will have to put mine somewhere else . any way thanks for all replies. next question- what is a tv link ? that I read about on these pages (in relation to sky boxes):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

A TV-Link is a little gizmo that allows you to use a second remote control to change channels on the digibox from another room. You can still only watch one digital channel at a time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement