Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO Chernobyl

Options
  • 12-12-2001 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Chernobyl, it seems you know your stuff when it comes to EON and I was thinking about subscribing myself.
    Im sick of waiting for dsl etc, so this seems the only other option. But, after looking around the EON board, it seems the service is a bit, ehh, ****e?
    Would it be worth my while?
    Waiting 2 days for downloads to come down off the multicast thingy doesnt really sound like much fun but at the price its currently being offered for, I have to consider it.
    Also, I found another irish company who offer 2-way sattelite called WebSat (www.web-sat.com)
    I rang about prices but the woman on the phone told me that I have to email the sales dept & thats the only way I can find out.
    It all looks a bit dodgy (well, web sat anyway), so Id like some hands on info.
    Thanks a million...
    Cyphide...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Cyphide
    Chernobyl, it seems you know your stuff when it comes to EON and I was thinking about subscribing myself.
    Im sick of waiting for dsl etc, so this seems the only other option. But, after looking around the EON board, it seems the service is a bit, ehh, ****e?
    Would it be worth my while?
    Waiting 2 days for downloads to come down off the multicast thingy doesnt really sound like much fun but at the price its currently being offered for, I have to consider it.
    Also, I found another irish company who offer 2-way sattelite called WebSat (www.web-sat.com)
    I rang about prices but the woman on the phone told me that I have to email the sales dept & thats the only way I can find out.
    It all looks a bit dodgy (well, web sat anyway), so Id like some hands on info.
    Thanks a million...
    Cyphide...

Hi, websat is a division of Armstrong Electronics a very reputable company although it's not really suitable for domestic use

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, if it's part of Armstrong Electonics, it must be pretty good! I am considering EON too but 2 days for a download??

Correct me if I'm wrong but how you use EON is go online like you would do normally, tell multicast thingy what you want downloaded, and disconnect your online connection. Then let EON do the rest. Where does EON get its files from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Cyphide

Yeah, AFAIK, thats it.
    But you have to wait after you request your download, and (from I can see), that wait can be up to a day or somthing (sorry, I didnt mean to say 2 days)

Advertisement