Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is RTE in digital really that good?

Options
  • 11-12-2001 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

After all we still have to keep using our aerials on the roof to get to watch something different in the kitchen or the bedroom!!!!! On the digibox everyone has to watch the same channel and in a house with more that 1 or 2 people that’s never going to happen.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭7Day Theory

Watching RTE on any platform is never enjoyable, and indepdant viewing on up to 4 televisions can be done for a reasonable price.

Now,now!
    Don't be slagging off RTE.
    An old time Irish song comes to mind..."you'll never miss a mothers love untill the day she goes to her grave...."
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Ha Ha Ha !! Excellent !! :p

Hopefully RTE won't be going to it's grave any time soon. Much as we all slag it from time to time, it does bring an Irish identity to our TV, and we also get lots of things before they do in th UK (ie Friends, ER etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

We all like to slag off rte but we can thank them for excellent progs like podge & rodge and dftg which are some of the best proramming on any channel. & besides what would we do without uncle gaybo eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I remember several years ago, (before Sky digital) a friend suscribed to the wonderful world of crappy "Chorus" cable.
    Chorus lineup included RTE and net2, so they took down the rooftop aeriel.
    Then of course Chorus in its usual high standards, began to break down. One christmas the entire town was without cable for the duration of christmas. (The along came Sky, and it was goodbye Chorus)
    Conclusion: leave the attic/rooftop aeriel where it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

As with computers, Pacman, always have a backup solution for telly :):)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well I would like to have RTÉ1 and N2 on Sky. I may actually start watching them again when I see them listed first on my EPG with programme synopsis. I would really like to see TV3 on Sky and think it could gain more by being on SKy seeing as it's harder to get in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

im actually looking forward to seeing rte1, n2 and tg4 on the epg. especially tg4. every now and again they show something really good and i always miss it because i never know its on.

Advertisement