Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY Digital In France

Options
  • 10-12-2001 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am an Irish expat living in France and have used SKY digital for over a year now with no problem until the last few weeks. It appears if sky is scrambling certain channels. My card is registered in Ireland. BBC 1 NI is scrambled full time. SKY sports is scrambled for live events. When it comes to the ads it unscrambles. Can anybody tell me what has happened and how I might get around it? I have a PACE box.

Jack5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Have Sky sent a new card to your Irish address; this may be why the premium chans don't work?

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jack5

No

I checked and they did not send a new card. I am wondering if that have started to use a different Astra satellite to cover Ireland for certain channels. If so would a bigger dish work for me even though I am in the west of France? The current one I have is 80cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AJC

I'm in France with ROI card and have no problem with BBC NI, don't have the sport package so can't say.

Thanks

AJC

What kind of dish do you have? The one I have is a mesh type (i.e. with small holes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AJC

No, I brought the original mini-dish (small holes) with me but the guy who installed it said that the signal strength might not be good enough, luckily I had a 80cm "solid" dish with me, he used that one and I'm getting a better sig. strength than I did in Ireland. Do you want me to check the software versions in the box?

• Advertisement

Please do check the software on the box and I will check mine. My signal strength looks fine when I check it on system setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by Jack5
    BBC 1 NI is scrambled full time
    Is there a message saying that you have the wrong card for the box? If so, your card needs to be tied to your box. Contact Sky - via e-mail or from Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Can you activate it via e-mail?

I believe it must have something to do with the use of different satellites by SKY for different stations. The card is matched to the box no problem. Maybe I need a bigger dish or updated software. For example yesterday sky sports 1 was working perfect until the second the live football program started at 3.00 PM. Then the picture appeared to scramble. As soon as the live football program was over it returned to normal. I could however watch the live football on Sky sports extra!

Advertisement