Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky without the phone

Options
  • 10-12-2001 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone in here know of anyone that will supply sky without the phone connection. Its for my sister. She doesnt want to get a phone just to get sky.

thanks

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

well its in the revised contract that you have to have the box connected to a working phone line for 12 months so shes pretty much going to have to get a phone line. Either that or stick a phone jack to the skirting board and rip it off after the sky installers have been.

They do test the line during installation tho - they took about ten minutes to work out why my line wasnt working. Turned out it was their dodgy phone cord.

anyway, enough about my dodgy line. Having to get a phone line for a sky installtion is a requirement now. Most agents will ask u if u have an active phone line before u even get to fill out the contract. Its in the rules, theres not a whole lot you can do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Does this apply to second hand boxes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭7Day Theory

If you get a second hand box with its "mate" ie, the viewing card then no "switch on" is needed, but if you get a second hand box and a new viewing card, i doubt sky will activate it via satellite, and if you ring CS they will just instruct you to connect it ot the phone line.
    best chance now is to get a second hand box, and its british [still activated]viewing card and your in business.

Advertisement