Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital in Bulgaria

Options
  • 08-12-2001 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Off topic a bit but here goes..........
    I will shortly have to move to Bulgaria on business,for six months, and the question is "Can i recieve Sky digital in Bulgaria".(I will be bringing my digibox with me)
    I have checked the footprints and I would seem to be way out, but maybe I can use a large 1m dish or something of that nature. I know BBC World /Fox/BBC prime/CNBC etc are on Hotbird digital but I quite frankly prefer the sky variety mix. Travelling around quiet a bit on business I get a little fed up of the only english speaking stations being CNN / BBC World etc is the main reason I would like to watch Sky.
    Any follow ups would be most welcome and appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭7Day Theory

For all the Satellites from Astra 2A-2C and Eurobird, a 1.5M solid dish would suffice, but for Astra 2D you would need at least a 3M solid dish.

The only Digibox's that will work that far out is the Grundig
    GRD310/2, followed by the (now discontinued) Panasonic TU-DSD30 as these are the only boxes with adequate filtering.You are wasting your time with any other Digibox.

If you dont have any of these then get either now, so as to get your card married to the chosen box now as i doubt you will get one easily in bulgaria, and www.ebay.co.uk is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Thank you for your information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jack5

I am an Irish expat living in France and have used SKY digital for over a year now with no problem until the last few weeks. It appears if sky is scrambling certain channels. My card is registered in Ireland. BBC 1 NI is scrambled full time. SKY sports is scrambled for live events. When it comes to the ads it unscrambles. Can anybody tell me what has happened and how I might get around it? I have a PACE box.

Jack5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that is strange. it is almost as if Sky have started subscriptions for the continant and started to scramble certain programmes they only have the rights to show in Ireland and the UK

Advertisement