Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPS-2 Emu

Options
  • 06-12-2001 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

You know this emulator which emulates Capcom Games.
    I seem to be having trouble getting roms to work for one of
    the popular Emulators ( Calice ).

I have mainly been trying to play Xmen Vs Street Fighter
    but every time i try to load the game - it just says :
    Error Loading xvs.13 And it just doesnt load it.

Any1 Help ?

I have an idea there might be an easy solution to this prob
    but if there is I dont see it.

Thanx In Advance.

:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Well the best thing to do would be to try another emu( ie FinalBurn,Mamecps-2 etc) to see if your rom set is ok. It might also be a problem with calice itself. I don't use it myself as i've found it unreliable in the past. If it doesn't work it must be that particular rom so either download it again although it's a pain if you have a dial-up connection or i'm sure i have the zip somewhere and i could put it up on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Thanx Logie
    :D

Still Can't Get it to work.
    I've tried Final Burn and same response.
    I know i'm doing somthing wrong.

Help !!?

Go to this site http://www.geocities.com/davidhogandkit/index.html
    scroll down to the link at the bottom to download the file:D

Thanx for that.
    I'll give it a go and tell you how it went.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

If that don't work, try using MAME. It supports pretty much all of the CPS games.

You can get X-Men Vs Street Fighter here http://www.mame.dk/gameinfo/xmvsfu/

Make sure to download the game rom AND the parent rom.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Kyro

Make sure to download the game rom AND the parent rom.

cna u explain a bit about this game/parent rom thingy. I keep getting error messages when trying to run some roms ie. files missing.

With cps2 games this is not needed as they are included in the zip file. Parent roms are only needed when your using a bootleg as far as i know. bootlegs are normally used when the original rom set won't run under any emulator for example moon walker by sega www.mame.dk to get this to run you must download the roms for the original and then the bootleg roms and put them in the same zip folder.
    can u explain a bit about this game/parent rom thingy. I keep getting error messages when trying to run some roms ie. files missing.

Any game in particular? Have you tried them under a different emu? what error messages do you get?

Advertisement