Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tests....

Options
  • 05-12-2001 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Just took at look at digitalspy.co.uk and found there were new tests on sky digital. I'll try them when I go home after work.

Have any of ye tried these yet?? As they are tests they might be Free-to-Air in ROI for a short while?

Testing roundup
    Several new BBC tests have appeared at 28.2 deg East this evening.

At 11.720H (SR 27.5, FEC 2/3):

BBC Tes2: broadcasting BBC Choice
    BBC Tes3: broadcasting BBC Choice
    BBC Tes4: broadcasting BBC Knowledge
    BBC Tes5: broadcasting BBC Choice
    BBC Tes6: broadcasting BBC Knowledge
    Also, at 11.798H (SR 27.5, FEC 2/3):
    R5LSE: Radio Five Live Sports Extra
    NYR: A "technical test for new radio services"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

can anyone confirm if these are viewable in ireland?? i wont have digibox access untill tonight. I wonder why their testing....

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

NO. The usual "This programme is not available" message comes on screen. Just a glimmer of hope dashed again !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Originally posted by PacMan
    NO. The usual "This programme is not available" message comes on screen. Just a glimmer of hope dashed again !!

Not fair!!! I was looking forward to a bit of free bbc knowledge when I went home tonight :(

Thanks for the infor PacMan!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, it was very disappointing to find the tests don't work here. Bah! :( :mad:

Those tests are flying in with a bbc card-but hey , theres nothing different-whats the plan with them-are the beeb going back to offering regional choice services?

These tests wouldn't be for the new regional local news opt outs for BBC 1 England starting next year would they?
    Even though at the moment for test purposes they are putting out Choice and Knowledge?
    mm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

BBC choice is awful.
    Same old ****e everynight! How much of Anne Robinsoncan oner person take?

BBC Choice is the weakest Link! GoodBYE

Par for the course-I'm afraid for non Subscription digital channels.
    I too have had enough of Anne Robinson:eek:
    As for Dunphy-yuk version of the show-not able imo to give same sterness.
    regarding choice as a whole-when I first got it - I found it handy to have enders on at ten-same applies to ITV 2 and Corrie.
    But I'm only a dip in now and again on either anyhow,
    Wouldn't be bothered video'ing either of them , so with choice/itv2 at least if the humours on I'll watch.
    BBC NEWS 24 and Knowledge on the other hand are brilliant anddefinitely should be available on the Irish EPG.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

This has probally been asked before, but here goes anyway. At the moment as we all know, BBC Choice and BBC Knowledge are "Blocked" to viewers in the ROI. What will eventually happen when they become BBC3 and BBC4?? Will we be able to receive them I wonder.
    Just to add, that I surf most of the "Other" sky digi forums and have to say that this board is very civilised compared to the UK based ones, where I have seen people make very rude remarks to questions. Hope this excellent site and forum stays the same.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I reckon BBC3 and BBC4 will be encrypted in IRL unless Sky think there will be a huge demand for them here. I would really like to see them and News24.:rolleyes:

Advertisement