Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JAy and silent bob strikes back

Options
  • 04-12-2001 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

brilliant! so funny!
    According to the reviews I have read, if you aren't a fan of the jay and silent bob humour from the other movies (clerks, animated series, mall rats, chasing Amy, dogma) you are not going to like this. Fortunately I love it and I loved this movie.

Some of the characters are starting to look older but are all on top form here.
    Everyone is in this movie, from all the films, and more, in a final farewell to the guys from jersey *sniff*

Its full of in jokes, from other films and the rest of the series. But plenty of others that everyone will love.

The babes are... well babes.

and the story is...well who really cares.

and the monkey, sorry, ape is lovable.

A small chunk of the middle of the film is lifted directly from the chasing dogma comic but that was good anyway so who cares.

id advise everyone to go see this.

and to those that go along and hate it and blame me, what are you doing listening to some plonker on the internet anyway? huh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

agreed. great film :D

not for everyone though.. I couldint imagine it being all that funny if I hadint seen the previous films and listened to/read some of Kevin Smiths rants about the film industry etc. etc.

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/ is a real site btw :D - its exactly as it apears in the film.. quite a funny send up of Aint it Cool.

Bonnng!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Kevin Smith is a genious!

Now all I need is some to go and see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

pretty lame. lots of dull in jokes and mugging to the camera. dude where's my car but with stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

LMAO excellent film ... lol i can just see them now trackin down SweetBirdOfTruth n kickin the shít outa him :D rofl

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by SweetBirdOfTruth
    pretty lame. lots of dull in jokes and mugging to the camera. dude where's my car but with stars.
    It doesn't surprise me you didn't like it.

Very funny if you've seen all the other films, some great in jokes, Matt Damon and Ben Afleck slagging each other about their films is a particular gem, shows Smith can take the piss out of himself as well as his critics. It was extremely self indulgent, but it is half about his alter ego.

The dialogue didn't strike me as being as sharp as his other films, but it did sparkle in places.

At the end of the day though I would recommend that if you haven't seen his other films, watch one or two of them first. You'll get more enjoyment out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Oh yeah n whens this Good Will Hunting 2 coming out, looks great ;):D ROFL aw class film :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 chunk 3:16

you gotta love jay and bob strike back
    (but i can understand not liking it if you had not seen the other films)

but that aside this is meant to be the last outing for them
    and i would like to say good luck
    because they have brought us many a fine moment in the
    past.

and hopefully kevin smith will continue to do so
    when he starts to make the 20 something fletch movies
    he has bought the rights to. (jason lee would make a great fletch)

but i still look forward to see jay and bob one last time
    in clerks the animated movie.

which if you own a copy of clerks animated series on dvd
    you will all ready know about.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd pretty much agree with Karl - not quite as good as the others, but xcellent none-the-less.

It was very much taking the piss of themselves which is good.

I like to think of it this way...
    They're all stoner flicks, yeah? Well, the first lot were stoner flicks with really interesting stories and a message for the viewer. This one was about hot chicks and mad fight scenes and it was a total stoner flick!

I think it's pretty important to have seen the other films because the in-joke count is high.

Nooch!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

And as an aside, my gf is know refered to as Boo Boo Kitty Fúck!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

draco - generally like kevin smith. clers and dogma top of the list for me. this though, it's just self-indulgent ****. better than scream 2, but not by much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

I went to see it last night....god I laughed my ass off, I've yet to see clerks etc. I thought the scooby doo bit was soooo funny, I'd have to say that It was the funnest film of the year ( & I've seen a lot), Does anyone know were to get a region 2 copy of the boondock saints on dvd???:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

Bob is the man. That is all.

Advertisement