Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zoolander

Options
  • 04-12-2001 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Seen it liked it. Alot of brainless fun but some slightly less than brainless humor. :)

Oh yeah and this is yet another film where the advertisment misleads you as to the plot... find that really annoying!
    If I remember correctly the ad says something along the lines of "... he's just dumb enough to believe he can be a superhero" which is not at all what its about!

I give it 7/10 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I didn't think it possible to lose respet for someone with just one post but this may be one instance where that is so. In my opinion the movie was not funny, not funny at all. I think that it was meant to be a satire but in my opinion a good satire is one that you find it difficult to distinguish the satire from the reality. The best example of this, in my opinion, is Dr. Strangelove. That movie left me feeling, Jesus, this just could happen, because at the time things were that serious. In Zoolander there are one ot two interesting points made about child labour and soforth, but as a whole it just didn't work.

about the adds, they where misleading, but it is not the only movie to do that. In recent memory, there is Three Kings. The ads for that movie led me, and all my mates, to think that it would be a comedy, but that was not the case. In stead it made you think about the humanitarian issues of war.

anyway, what do i know

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Zoolander gets my vote for worst movie of the year!!!! I wanted to walk out, the only reason I didn't is because it was raining out!!

Complete funkin shite

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Lose respect? little harsh isn't it.

I agree with ye azezil. Not too brill as far as plot etc is concerned, but it was great for a few laughs. Made me giggle for the rest of the day. From the ads on tv is seems like a different film, but I saw the long version of the trailer in the cinema a while back, so I kinda knew was it was about.

Agree on Three Kings, The_Bullman. The trailer made it seem more like any-old-****e when in fact the film itself turned out to be really really well done. Fight Club was a bit like that, the trailer I saw made it seem like a simple boxing/fighting movie :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

OH dear god what have I done! I've lost the respect (!!!???) of the general public :D

Ok it wasn't brilliant but come on there were some really funny bits... the petrol fight :D ... the stupid face! ... when the kid makes the face :D ... n some others in there somewhere ammm ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Bull
    It wasnt meant to be a satire, it was just meant to be a simple amusing comedy, which is exactly what it was.

Perhaps you should just sit and enjoy films a bit more, instead of trying to decode the actual agenda behind the film. Sometimes they are just what they seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oh yeah, so funny.
    Still think the bit with the model building was the funniest
    "How do you expect them to learn to read, when they can't even fit inside the building!!"

The petrol fight was class. "I became bulemic". "Wow, you can read minds?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I think I'v caught the black lung.

*spluuter*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Someone living near azezil go around and slap him.

What are you thinking!! THE MOVIE SUCKS.

It has the curse of the SNL movies (only escaped by Wanyes World).

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

HEY!

The movie is good! Leave it alone :)

I must say that the trailer was misleading but apart from that, I thought the movie was cool and worth my money... a good few funny bits in it, although the trailer did give away a few of the better bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

That film had me in stitchs.
    The petrol fight?? HAHAHAHA it was brillaint,and the bit he was being hypnotised as good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    I think that it was meant to be a satire but in my opinion a good satire is one that you find it difficult to distinguish the satire from the reality.

i dont know which is funnier, the film or you?
    it is a comedy. did you sit there with your notebook taking notes on plot subplot characterisation and blah balh balh...

GSS.
    i was so good. the only thing wrong with it was that the trailer spoiled the best bits, as lyconix said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Someone living near azezil go around and slap him.

What are you thinking!! THE MOVIE SUCKS.

It has the curse of the SNL movies (only escaped by Wanyes World).
    Good god i finally start a thread that evokes a response n it ends up in a witch hunT :eek: ...... now where did I leave that beard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Quite comical; one of those "brain? you won't be needing that" movies, luckily I hadn't seen many trailers for it so the best bits remained fresh.

Oi loikes teh walkoff bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

All the staff in UCI Tallaght were saying that Zoolander was complete and utter rubbish....so we went to see Deep End instead...

Once you get over the gae part's its actually very believable...good story imo...some amazing camera work (the intro) and the water dripping part.... and some very talented actors.

ALSO they had the Star Wars Episode 2 preview...(It was worth going just to see that) :D:D:D

Advertisement