Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Know This Movie ?

Options
  • 29-11-2001 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

About two years ago, I saw this black and white movie on the television which caught my eye. I could have sworn that the lead character was a young Martin Sheen but from checking his filmography, it seems that I was wrong. Actually, it could have been Kirk Douglas... Hmmm.

Okay, I'm low on details to describe the film with but I'll try my best. I only caught about 20 odd minutes of the movie and here's what I saw; low-budget film based around an early human settlement in caves etc. Basically guys in animal skins going around doing stuff. Lead character guy starts to question the elders about what lies outside their land, why can't he go there etc. He goes out anyway and sees this 'monster', I wouldn't spoil the story for anyone but suffice to say, it has a great ending :D

I'm hoping that someone knows what movie I'm talking about and can supply the name of it.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Planet of the apes? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can't help you really but try http://us.imdb.com/Name?Douglas,+Kirk

There are 'advanced' search facilities on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

sounds like plannet of the apes but wasnt that in colour not black and white

besides if there were talking monkeys he would have remembered something like that

if you can find out what station and time it was on might help

maybe someone has an old RTE guide lying about somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I think i remember a film like that... but the one I'm thinking of was in colour.... guys livin in a cave, small guy gets bullied alot, they get him to test new food n stuff like that. Memorable scene he wakes up and theres this huge bug on his friends face, he squashes it resulting in much yellow gew :D

Had an interesting ending if i remember correctly. :)

No idea what it was called...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Erm, I think it might be Teenage Cave Man (1958)

Starred Robert Vaughan, who you'll remember from the Man from UNCLE (Napoleon Solo) or the A Team (played Stockwell, the replacement for Colonel Decker). And the Magnificent Seven.

Here's the plot (sound familiar?)

Robert Vaughn stars as a white 35 year old teenage caveman with styled hair who seeks to discover what is in the uncharted jungles beyond his tribe's campsite. It is against the Word (and the Word is the Law), but he breaks it anyway. Soon he discovers a strange creature which kills with its touch. We later learn that this is not a prehistoric tale, but a post-apocalyptic tale, and the strange creature is a 500-plus year old irradiated scientist in a radiation suit...

And yes, it's in B&W

Roger Corman directed, which probably explains why it's not out on video or DVD. The plot was ripped off from Stephen Vincent Benet's short story, "By the Waters of Babylon"

Now, go off and answer my "Anyone know the name of this movie" thread about the old rugby players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Thanks a million, sceptre! :D

Advertisement