Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Heist

Options
  • 26-11-2001 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Went to see it this avo.....

Not bad, better than most.
    It is quite tense throughout, but then never quite gripping to the point of being memorable. There wouldn't be a "sweat on the brow" type situation at all throughout the film and any real moments of tension just seem to peter out:( Given the nature (and name) of the film you'd have expected more!

Danny DeVito was good as was Gene Hackman, but overall not great:( The ending is just sooooo predictable:rolleyes:

Anyone else seen it?

**Bring on Jay & Silent Bob...heeehheeee**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

yeah I saw it there last week.
    I actually thought that heist was pretty well thought out altho the story was weak in places.
    Overall I did enjoy it for the most part altho I cant really figure out why...I didnt think that any of the main actors preformed as well as I've seen them do before, the direction was good and bad and the ending....predictable to bits.

By the end I couldnt help but get the impression that at some stage some movie exec just decided he wanted a film made about a heist, sent someone off to write a script and hired a couple of big names to act.

Advertisement