Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

richer sounds dvd players

Options
  • 24-11-2001 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

does anyone know anything about the 2 cheap dvd players richer sounds are selling? the cyber home one and the limit one?

can't find any reviews at all of the limit one, and only one mostly positive review of the cyberhome fella

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Don't waste your time with cheap DVD players.. it's not worth it.

Spend the extra on a reliable brand, with a good track record of multi-region (Pioneer, Sony etc.) which will give you the quality you need.

There is no point getting a kick ass DVD with lots of audio/video content, only to be let down by your yellow-pack DVD player.

Personally - I'd highly recommend the Pioneer series.

c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

stats on the cyberhome:
    http://cyberhome-help.de/tadl528_english.php4

I'm buying it some stage this week, obviously there are a few problems with it (forums on the above list a load of them), but the firmware is easily upgradeable.. and plus its region free out of the box (dont pay richer sounds the extra 20 quid to press buttons for you!)

I mean you can't expect perfect sound or video quality, but personally I'm just getting it to play cds (and mp3 cds!) on, dvd playback is an extra imo, and am running it through a brand new Marantz 4200 receiver, so I dont care about its onboard dolby processing, just its optical out :)

Anyway it seems to be a much much better deal than their other cheap player.

For me it was a tossup between the Pioneer DV340 (£230 for multi-region) and the Cyberhome.. I can't justify the extra on the Pioneer because tbh I won't be watching too many DVDs so **** it.

Advertisement