Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie needs your artistic help.

Options
  • 23-11-2001 8:41pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We are looking for a few good t-shirt ideas and pics.

I was hoping to convince a few people to put their artistic talents to work on some t-shirt designs.

Basically, we are looking for something that will work on a white t-shirt, mug, coffee cup which ties in with the Boards.ie mascot guys (or not as the case may be).

Something people will look at and want to wear.

Check out this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35964
    for Freak's first roughwork... of his idea.

I like the idea of subculture or underground tie ins given our past and community culture.

Can you help? Any style is cool, whatever comes to your fevered brains.... it should contain Boards.ie somewhere on it if it can be worked in.

DeVore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

DeV: have you looked into t-shirt printing costs? A few of my friends and I have t-shirt ideas and slogans we want to get printed up for cheap but we're not sure where the best place is to get them printed.

Anything you (or anyone else) know(s) would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

che.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

heheh Thats a scream Monkey, I'm going to adjust it a bit, but its nigh perfect!

Score 1.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, that didnt take long!

Here's another version of it (slight altered). I hope Monkey doesnt mind me altering what is a crackin idea.

chebig.gif

Monkey, this ok?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Any chance of making a .zip with all the mascot guys in it? Or are the ones on the front page the lot?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Seems like he missed a few spots in shaving in that pic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

its a tough choice but id have to go with devs. simply as it looks more like the board homepage ppl

God damn, the more I look at that the more I like the whole idea, its fúckin sweet... been showing it to people (giving Monkey credit) on IRC all evening. Its just too bold hahaha

DeV.

ok, decided to have a go myself. Thought up this one...

boardsclubbig.jpg

the BOARDS still looks odd, but I'm damned if I'm going to go back and do it for the 3487679496 time. :)

DeVore.

and a variation on a theme...

boardsclubtext.jpg

ok, must stop... sleeeeeep

DeV.

• Advertisement

my crap 4AM attempts....

27kb

31kb

of course they have too many colors for tea shirt imo, just thought id play round with em....

devs version of the monkey creation would rock

*lick lick*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I prefer the one with the moustache (spellin'?) to the one without.

so there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by DeVore
    and a variation on a theme...

boardsclubtext.jpg

ok, must stop... sleeeeeep

DeV.

ROFLMBO thats absolutely magic DeV, I don't think I've laughed that much at a topic before, I almost missed it too because I thought it was the other one up above, you should have that one as a front back one, with the writing on the front, also to generate more traffic the boards bit should be boards.ie

and once again ROFL

And another...
    jebus.gif

Just for kicks.

BTW: I found out about pixels and sizes etc from the printer:

"Our Printers can print up to A3 size. That is 2376 x 1656 pixels. Mouse mat images can be up to 1389x1077 pixels, and mug image can be up to 1020x397 pixels. Print your image on paper to check it. "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

If people are doing up designs that aren't full colour, they'd be best of doing them in illustrator or similar vector graphics package as the result will be better than something done in Photoshop AFAIK.

I think non full colour printing is also generally cheaper too.

(:

- Kevin

How about mugs that have
    [username]

boards.ie

or something like that, I know I'd buy one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

front.gif

back.gif

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Charlie Mac, he's a great man & has done many good things for this country ;)

An alternative could have someone behind bars looking out on front and "Muppets Keep Out" on flipside. :D

id prefer not to see anything to do with the word muppet on them. sick to death of that god damn word

and bsides, ppl may not even know what muppet refers to...

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    id prefer not to see anything to do with the word muppet on them. sick to death of that god damn word

shut up you muppet;)

i knew it would eb u Baz_ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Originally posted by Gone Shootin

err, I was j/k. obviously something like that won't go for print, but it if did you'd get some laughs walking down the street :D

Full colour makes no difference as these are computer printed.

We dont have a mimimum number so we can just print 1 or 1000 as they are sold.

the sizing is fairly good too, we can use quite a bit of the t-shirt.

"Our Printers can print up to A3 size. That is 2376 x 1656 pixels. Mouse mat images can be up to 1389x1077 pixels, and mug image can be up to 1020x397 pixels. Print your image on paper to check it. "

DeV.

I've been thinking about a couple that have been suggested to me.

1. Resevoir Boards...

The cartoon lads from the front of Boards.ie in the classic Reservoir Dogs black jackets.

2. Usual Spammers...

The cartoon lads in the lineup from the movie Usual Suspects.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by DeVore
    2. Usual Spammers...

my name on a t-shirt??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

first of my boards t_shirts.
    2 more planned :)

bubbles.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

this one is from hobbes, he can't come to the internet right now cos hes doing another one :D

victwait.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

not quite finsihed yet, but:

boardslawoman.gif

Advertisement