Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linux network files

Options
  • 16-06-2000 8:55am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

i've just installed a home network with two pc's with 3com ethernet cards both machines running mandrake 7.0.

but one of the machines refuseds to take the ip address and subnet mask. what files are these added to?

atm x doesn't work either on this pc.
    the other machine is working fine and both machines work np in windows

MiCr0

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

not exactly a linux peep myself, actually I know fup all about linux.

But,

Isn't there a problem with some windows modems running in Linux (specific type).. if so, could there be a similar problem with network cards?

What type of NIC are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

hum, never heard of win network cards.. but they could be out there..
    anyway
    have a look at the net-3 howto
    there is a local mirror on ucd netsoc

orca.ucd.ie

sorry i ain't more help, i actually use x to configure the card.. hehe i really should learn how to do things without x window.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

use ifconfig (interface config) then /sbin/route for routeing. Man <cmd> should give the deatils
    Quozl

Advertisement