Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portfolio Preperation Courses

Options
  • 17-11-2001 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Any1 know any good ones?

like a once or twice a week jobby

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I do one in Collaiste Dhulaigh that's good, though it's five day a week jobby, i don't know of any 1/2 day courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I thinking more along the lines of Ones done @ the w/e.

Afiak DLIAT do one, but its a fairly long haul to get out there. Was wondering if some1 knew of a simler thing closer to Lucan, or in the City centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

I'd love to hear peoples' opinions on these courses. If you're actually interested in putting together a bloody good portfolio, what is it that they can teach you that you can't figure out from yourself, other people and books?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Well,
    Think about ppl who've never studied art b4, never drawn b4, and have to put together a Freehand Portfolio by Jan :)

Was up Looking @ the Graphic Design Curse in Dun Laoghaire
    According to them, all my computer work, and all my industry expeirance wont count for much when it comes to grading portfolios
    (imo i'm seriously thinking not including any of my design work)

I've been trying to draw since sept, and improved abit.
    I've taking art in the leaving and doing beginers art classes on fri night.
    But tbh i'm nowhere near the standard i need. Plus i've no Idea how to lay out a portfolio properly.

For some1 thats been into art all there life, they're probobly a waste of time.
    For me tho, they're knida required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Well some people are gonna prefer to work on their own and that's grand if it works for you.

But putting together a good portfolio is tough especially if you are trying to do well in the leaving at the same time.

The tutors can give you good advice, suggestions and constructive criticism that you can take on board and that might help you along. There's a pretty good atmosphere, lots of people around with the same interests as you.

Plus they teach you new skills like photography, some computer graphics and pottery and stuff and you get to practice drawing from the nude in life-drawing class which you mightn't have done before.

Havok, they say that ideas, creativity and investigation are more important than being able to perfectly render something in pencil or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

im sure Ballyfermot college of art have some evening courses? look into it www.bcfe.ie abd its near lucan to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Grand. I was just starting to think that places like NCAD wouldn't even consider you unless you had done a portfolio course.

Advertisement