Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipping a DVD Player in Ireland...

Options
  • 11-11-2001 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Having previously considered myself a fairly competent solderer, I purchased a Multimod from www.techtronics.co.uk for my SONY DVP-725..... finally arrived in the post: 2 chips, 1 with 8 pins, no problem I thought until the other feckin chip fell out of the envelope! 44 teeny weeny pins!! Anyhows, before I ship this bugger off to the UK for chipping by a competent stranger, anyone know of a decent Irish modding establishment? Had a look at www.dvdireland.com anyone used them?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I had a look at that techtronics site, it seems that site is for "chipping" motorbikes.
    Are you sure you have quoted the correct URL ?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Mythago

Ermmmm... shoulda been www.techtronics.com

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Mythago howya doing lad. Still driving that black beemer or have the cops nailed you one too many times :)

Whatever you do mate do not let Techtronics touch your DVD player, they have a dreadful name for customer service.

Give Peats or Richer sounds a shout in DUblin and they will give you the name of a local chipper (no not that variety!). At least then if you have problems you can go up there and get it sorted face to face.

Make sure that whatever mod you get will defeat RCE as well.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Mythago

Cheers Gandalf,

Still got the beemer, but I'm up to 9 speedin tickets!! Reckoning on a slow diesel as my next car :)

Will call into peats on during the week & get meself sorted

Advertisement