Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode II Trailer on Irish TV

Options
  • 05-11-2001 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭

Hey

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but as far as I know the new 'Breathing' trailer should be on today on BBC1 at 5.25pm and/or TV3 at 5.45pm, I for one have the VCR set:p

Simon

ps Monty where you at lad?!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

What a dumb time to show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

It's available from comingsoon.net/trailers

J.
    --

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

We DO have a Films/TV board you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Starwars.com seriously sicks balls.
    Wont show the trailer uinless ur a member, and signup form is fu><0red:mad:
    any1 got anywhere else u can view it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye saw it and ill i have to say is ...................... "sigh"........................... im in love again

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hmm, it's not very Star-Warsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Right Click -Save As....
    Ep2 Trailer

lph

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I right-clicked, downloaded... and half an hour later I had a link to the apple website :(

...seems they dont want people leeching there movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This is why people should use Macs :cool:

It should still be in your temporary internet files (that's how pc's work isn't it? :p ) Hmmm maybe not if you didn't watch it originally.
    OK... click on the movie to watch it. It will download into your temp. internet files, then find the movie and put it somewhere else on your hard drive.

Maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

...well, it looks like something planted by Apple so that people dont just rip the file. I can see the .mov, its taking up about 12mb, but when I load it up into quicktime, quicktime closes and IE opens up on apple.com's trailer site...

...but I imported the file into Adobe Premiere and all is well :) . The trailers sweet. But yr'man christinson (playing anikin) dosint look the part IMO... and the CGI yoda dosint live up to the puppet version, but prehaps its just early F/X or somat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Sorry - forgot.. to say you need latest version of QT...5.02(i think)
    If all else fails you amy need the Pro version.. -> not advocating searching google for a key.

.. it won't be in your internet temp folder, doesn't work like that anymore.. it writes to pathed system temp folder as a .tmp file, which it erases when you close the player .. only option is download as quicktime uses progressive download, not streaming they serve over [url]http://[/url] , thus no probs downloading QT files unlike Real or whatever..

lph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

that was very smart of apple quicktime marketing team to urge their users to upgrade to another version of their software when a major trailer comes out. btw, the trailer is absolutely fantastic. i cant wait to see the movie.

did anyone notice the fake star wars trailer floating around the internet. it looked ok for a second untill you saw the scene from braveheart with some dodgy added light sabres. :)

see it here: http://download.theforce.net/theater/episode2/ep2_large.mov

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Just goes to show that I know zip about PC's eh ;)

Hope it works for me...!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Dunno if someone put up a link to this trailer already.

This one is much better than the breathing one, imo :D

http://www.notpaper.com/astro/starwars2b.mpeg

right-click, save as. nearly 13mb though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

nice one Scruff. took 2mins to dl and it's mpeg. no apple'ness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

yes i too have been waiting for an mpeg version, and I have to say I like it. obiwan again looks to be brilliantly played by mr mcgregor, and i think anikin looks okay tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

How fine is Natalie Portman :)

Advertisement