Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best DVD software is.......?

Options
  • 05-11-2001 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

What is the best DVD software and why...?
    Cus I have the awld Windows standard "DVD player", but I have had more problems with it than anything else...
    It just wont run, I downloaded DVD friendly, cus it was the 1st thing to cum to mnd, and got cracks, but I dont like it at all...

So if anyone uses anything good, lemme know..:D
    Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Everybody's gonna have a different opinion on this. I'm gonna say tht there isnt a best, but its advisable to have more than one software program available.

Personally I use Intervideo WinDVD, Power DVD and Cinemaster.

If one doesnt work, one of the others always do.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Power DVD, because it's good, dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Power DVD 3.1 ? you can take screens with it...must get that....

on an unrelated topic XP wont work with my Adeptec EasyCD 4. Blast Microsoft !!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah, 2K gave me terrible gip trying to find hardware drivers, that was the main reason I went for ME, I like games and I like multimedia.

Power DVD does let you take screen captures alright, the interface is also really nice. Another program you may consider is DVD Region Genie, although it only lets you change region a set number of times, handy nonetheless until they come up with a Usual Suspects R2 DVD again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Power DVD...

[ By far ]

Low Resource user, lots of options, easily controlable- what more do you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

LOL very good, but i think i'm one of the peopel who should be receiving it not sending it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

wheres the best place to get Power DVD
    in ireland if poss

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

1) WinDVD..lowest resourse usage..best picture imho..but no screen cap..difficult to make playlists if you play music vids like me constantly, best choice for those with slower cpus ie <600mhz, and is what i use to watch dvds on..because the picture is best.

2) PowerDVD 3 (not 2.55, had crappy sound with my sblive card), easy to make playlists, has Dolby Headphone surround sound through a decent seat of head phones is just amazing..my surrounds lay idle..sceen capture which is neat, picture quality is not as good as WinDVD though and for really smooth playback..you need >600mhz cpu speed

3) Cinemaster..lowest overhead..smooth playback on my now disused p3 450mhz box bugger all you can do with it bar watch dvds, bugger all you can configure, but does enable ac3 playback on divx rips if you have made one properly.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

...any DVD players that bipass hardware region coding?

I got a msg when I set up the DVD-ROM warning that the region coding is hardware, not software, and that if I tried to change it could stop working altogether.

The drive is a Samsung CDRW / DVD combo (SM-308B)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

PowerDVD is great

Oddly enough though, on the laptop, I get a brilliant picture with WMP and the regular DVD addon - better than PowerDVD 3 was and better than PowerDVD for XP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I also loikes PowerDVD. But then again, I haven't used much else.

Advertisement