Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Decoder

Options
  • 05-11-2001 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a make / model no. for the Chorus decoders (for their analogue premium channels).

Can you buy them anywhere second hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Yes I too would be interested in obtaining a Chorus decoder second hand. Would it be possible to .... as the saying goes..."Plug in and play"... or do you have to obtain a special aerial aswell.

I'm curious-why would ye want decoders for Chorus-whose service ranks along side, similar services in Kabul?
    I can suggest where you might find a digibox alright-surely better value!
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

Its illegal to obtain cable decoders unoffically only from chorus or ntl!
    There are a few illegal american sites selling decoders but you would need to give them your credit card number.
    Also they are common in england.

I feel you misunderstood my question. i have NO intention of obtaining an illegal (Hacked)box for chorus (I did not know such things existed.). I just asked a question as to where I could purchase a second hand one.
    As for second hand sky boxes.... where could one look to buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

if you join chorus and leave them you can keep the decoder same with sky. the minium sign up time with chorus is one month you can get a basic package for £4.99.but why do u want a decoder is it for an astra satalite?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Irish Guy:
    if you join chorus and leave them you can keep the decoder same with sky. the minium sign up time with chorus is one month you can get a basic package for £4.99.but why do u want a decoder is it for an astra satalite?

Not so-Chorus will take the decoder, when you leave them.
    Subscribing to Chorus is Dead money in that sense-at least with Sky, after twelve months subscription , you will own the digibox

Originally posted by PacMan:
    I feel you misunderstood my question. i have NO intention of obtaining an illegal (Hacked)box for chorus (I did not know such things existed.). I just asked a question as to where I could purchase a second hand one.

Afaik-Chorus decoders are actually matched by serial number to the customers account number-A rare example of technology in that Company.Therefore,a spare Chorus decoder would be useless.
    Originally posted by: The Ciggarette Smoking Man:
    Has anyone got a make / model no. for the Chorus decoders (for their analogue premium channels).

Why on Earth would you want Chorus premium channels-£10 per month for just one the Sky premier channel, repeating the same movies, over and over again in Mono Sound (thats right-they havent heard of stereo-Was it the late 1960's when RTE discovered it??? , not to mention Crappy picture quality-no interactive service.
    You will have less sport for the Same money!

I know on many occassions I have said on this forum that Sky's channel choice is HUGE and you would want all the hours God sends to watch quarter of it-BUT Chorus are the opposite extreme.
    Their Channel choice on analogue is tiny-And don't be fooled that you might see their digital service in the near future-Sure its running in a Very few areas-They were telling me for two years it was Coming-Thats a year ago-I'll be a Grandfather b4 they keep their promises
    Chorus a lost Cause:mad:
    mm

p.s Isn't it nice to see a good old Chorus rant on these boards again-do they have any customers left now ITV are on Sky?

Whhops,forgot
    Pacman
    You will find a digibox for auction on e-bay.
    mm

Thank you Madman.
    Yes i have also noticed that the Chorus name has been mentioned less and less on this board. I have been out of the country for a while, and on my return have seen zillions of Sky Dishes in my estate. These same houses had MMDS aeriels when I left!!
    Talking with people since my return, i have heard complaint afetr complaint regarding Chorus. Three common complaints about Sky though....1) No UTV (I know its testing)
    2) No Ch4 (Hopefully soon)
    3) Too many Channels (Complaint i can live with)
    Sky digital is the best, and I am happy that i ditched Chorus last year. Their service and standards are Crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pd

There was a Chorus van in our estate yesterday, and they were counting the number of dishes on the various houses. At this stage, it is probably 5 to 1 on Sky's favour, and I suspect, from speaking with neighbours, we will be exclusively Sky in the next month or so. The only thing Chorus are good for now, is as a business study in how not to run a business.

Advertisement