Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V: The Original Mini Series DVD

Options
  • 02-11-2001 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

For those nostalgic among you, who remember this the first time around back in the 80s....

This DVD has been released and is selling like hot cakes, mainly due to the quality of the transfer. The sound and anamorphic picture image is just stunning when you think about the crappy state the master was in by the late nineties.

Extras are really down to two items.. commentary (a must for sci-fi fans) and a making of featurette (not earthshattering by any standards).

I'd still recommend this DVD for anyone who really collects the 'gems' in the sci-fi genre. V was one of those programs that is still watchable even now, given the undertones of facist order, nazi rule and good vs evil.

c0y0te

any film, any time, any where

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

But still no last episode eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

The theory is that they will release "V: The Final Battle" next on DVD, once the success of the frist release is established.

After than its a question of whether or not they go as far as releasing the TV series.

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Anyone for some rats ? Yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I got this on R1 about 4 months ago. Great series....while it shows its age a bit, it truly was a superb miniseries - way ahead of its day IMHO.

V The Final Battle was rumoured to be out on R1 before the end of the year, but still no sign of it anywhere. If V has just come out on R2 though, its a good sign, because obviously the R1 was successful enough to merit a release in a second region.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I'm not sure if it is out yet on R2.. my copy was from the states.

c0y0te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 thereal_unsane

dude, if you want to know whats really going on in the world today, V is the place to go. Just axe David Icke, he knows the score.

Advertisement