Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T2 Ultimate DVD

Options
  • 01-11-2001 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Got a copy of the recently released Region 2 of Terminator2 for £23 in Xtra Vision. Nice metal box case too. Have to say this is one of the most well presented DVD's I own as far as the actual DVD menu's are concerned. It's up there with the original Terminator released a couple of months ago. The movie itself has been digitally remastered. That Harley has never sounded better. There's a number of extended and new scenes in the movie which gels the film as a whole a lot better.

There's a whole load of extra stuff on the 2nd DVD which I haven't even gotten round to looking at yet.

If anyone likes this movie I highly recommend that you pick this up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I tend to pick up the region 1 DVDs first because:-

1) They are released usually a long time before region 2 (10 months or so in this case)

2) The content is usually better / more extensive.

Check out a site called www.dvdreviews.com for more info on the T2 dvd, and the hidden features / easter eggs on the discs.

c0y0te

any film, any time, any where.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

I have the T1000 VHS version (extra 17 mins released on august 29th 1997 (judgment day)) and was wondering if its worth getting this. One thing about the VHS version was for some inexplicable reason some sequences were cut. Notably the scene where sarah beats the bejaysus out of the guard (you see one blow and then a flash and hes suddenly on the ground instead of the 3 smacks she gives him in the uncut version) also a scene where after escaping the institute Arnie smacks the cop whose car they steal into a pillar (the close up of his face hitting the pillar is missing). Also missing is the sequence were they get the chip and the arm and John says "Weve got skynet by the balls now". Are these scenes restored in this DVD? If so I'll definetly get it (if not I'll probably get it ( I like this movie (almost as much as I like brackets)))(erm yeh think thats them all closed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The scenes you mention are on the DVD, uncut, Toast. I think the VHS version was trimmed somewhat in order to ensure a '15' cert and more viewers/sales. Now it's a few years later they must reckon that today's 15 year olds can handle the added violence :)

I know I still cringe in pain at that shot where Linda Hamilton whacks the guard guy in the face with the broom handle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

from http://www.bbfc.co.uk (a place I seem to be spending more and more time)...
    TERMINATOR 2 JUDGMENT DAY
    Video Feature
    Classified 04 September, 1997 . Run Time 145m 43s

When submitted to the BBFC the work had a running time of 153m 10s.
    To obtain this category cuts of 0m 17s were required., some or all of these cuts were substitutions.
    153m 10s - 145m 43s .. where did they get their 17s? Anyway...
    TERMINATOR 2 JUDGMENT DAY
    Video Feature
    Classified 06 August, 2001 . Run Time 147m 6s

When submitted to the BBFC the work had a running time of 147m 6s.
    This work was passed with no cuts made.
    While it doesn't quite answer yr question, Toast, it does show that the DVD runs longer than the version released in 1997. Read into this what you will...

<edited 'cos I'm an idiot>

Advertisement