Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another "Name that film"

Options
  • 01-11-2001 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Heres some more quotes for ya. How many can you get?? It's 12.30 pm over here(oz) I'll post all the answers that have not been answered tomorrow.

1. Attention passengers, we are now departing Nun Central, on our journey to Hell and beyond. The Captain has turned off the "No Smoking" sign, and you may now move about the cabin freely. Thank you for being Catholic, and for choosing the Saint Gabriel school bus.

2. Pie Jesu domine, Dona eis requiem.

3. There's 6,127 students at Adams, 58% of which are girls.
    So?
    So, that's 7,107.32 boobs

4. You was whistling, "Willie, help, get this bitch off of me"?

5. I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure

6. What did you expect? "Welcome sonny," "Make yourself at home," "Marry my daughter." You've got to remember, that these are just simple farmers, these are people of the land, the common clay of the new west. You know . . . morons.

7. Could you take the car out of neutral. We just got passed by a street sweeper

8. I've had plenty of Joe jobs. Nothing I'd call a career. Let me put it this way, I have an extensive collection of name tags and hair nets.

9. The Rippers are a demonic army of blood-thirsty, human-eating, purse-snatching, mutant creatures.

10. Good, because all my filth is in alphabetical order. This for example was under "H" for toy.

10. If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head.

11. Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked, in the head, by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens.

12. We are the United States Government. We don't do that sort of thing.

13. This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions!

14. Felix, the nut, that's who! Can you imagine getting a thing like that? She even had to tip the kid a quarter.

15. We must remember there are many more important things, many more important things . . . off hand, I can't think of what they are, but I'm sure there must be something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

5: Aliens
    6: Kingpin?

Nice timing, for once I get to it and answer the easy ones before all the work dodgers show up :).

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Originally posted by Mills
    5: Aliens
    6: Kingpin?

5. is aliens but 6. is not kingpin nice try!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

5. Aliens
    8. Waynes World
    10. Total Recall
    11. Aeroplane (or poooossibly Naked Gun)
    12. Enemy of the state (I think, god I know that one but I cant think of it...)
    13. Volcano (the one with the Volcano in the middle of LA)

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    5. Aliens
    8. Waynes World
    10. Total Recall
    11. Aeroplane (or poooossibly Naked Gun)
    12. Enemy of the state (I think, god I know that one but I cant think of it...)
    13. Volcano (the one with the Volcano in the middle of LA)
    Dev you are right about Aliens, Waynes World, Total recall and Aerplane (i didn't think anyone would get that!! :) )

Fraid you are wrong bout 12 and 13 though.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

13 is Ghostbusters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

3. Revenge of the Nerds
    8. Waynes World.
    13. Ghostbusters.
    14. The Odd Couple.

Can't get the other ones at the moment.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

1 - Batchelor Party
    4 - I'm gonna git you sucka
    6 - Blazing Saddles
    7 - License to drive?
    12 - Sneakers?

Not too sure about those last two.
    By the way.. you've got two "10"s

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Didn't anyone spot number 2 as being Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail?!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

God damn, I knew it was MP Holy Grail but I figured they were just chanting Latin so it could be any film. BAH!

Missed ghostbusters too, occured to me later :(((

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

9: Tank Girl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

15: Willy Wonka?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

3 - Road Trip/American Pie?

btw well spotted monty python Kharn, I knew I recognised it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Originally posted by seamus
    3 - Road Trip/American Pie?

btw well spotted monty python Kharn, I knew I recognised it :)

"Revenge of the Nerds" I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

12 is probably outbreak.If i get extra points its probably where they discuss killing off the people in the infected town.
    Am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

12 is Sneakers:

James Earl Jones Character "Mr Abbott" resonding to David Strachmann's character, "Mother"'s request for world peace and goodwill to Man.

RogueDotC
    (9 0f 25)

Originally posted by Kharn
    Didn't anyone spot number 2 as being Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail?!
    Good spot Kharn

heres the right answers that have been posted. Some of you have way to much time and no life, having said that I have actually watched all of these films over the last few weeks, there is a video shop over here that you can rent 20 films for $11 for a week. Last Monday I rented 40 movies and had watched 25 by wednesday!!!!!!
    There are 2 quotes still with no answers......
    1.Bachelor party
    2.monty phyton
    3.revenge of the nerds
    4.i'm gonna get you sucka
    5.aliens
    6.blazing saddles
    7.licence to drive
    8.waynes world
    9.tank girl
    10. no one has got this one yet(clue it stars a young Val Kilmer)
    10.Total recall
    11.airplane
    12.sneakers
    13.ghostbusters
    14.the odd couple
    15.this one is till out there(no clues)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

10. real genius?

Originally posted by Dustaz
    10. real genius?

Give that man a round of aplause!!!!!......

Advertisement