Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how the hell ???

Options
  • 31-10-2001 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

ok does anyone out there have any idea what is involved in creating an image like this one,

im thinking max and photoshop but im not sure, if anyone could point me in the direction of a tutorial or have any suggestions i would be much obliged ... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yah ok, we need to actually see the image...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

The image would help allright, possibly. Unless you are talking about the blank space after your text, in which case ms paint could make that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stonecold

hey thanks crazy p, thats exactly what i was looking for, :)

i presume that all other effects are just variations of this tutorial ??

sorry about not attaching the pic properly,

if you go to http://www.digitalvisiononline.co.uk and go to their dv magazine and check out the infinity stuff this is what im talking about,

has anyone here ever had a go ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Used 3d-max before and it was a bitch to get going in and then it got ****ed up and didn't work anymore, but that type of thing looks handy enough, looks great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

now those spaceshippy things are handy alright but could anyone ever get that chubby little man to work out right? gawd mine looked funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Yea,
    I've played around with it a bit and got okay effects, I don't really know any 3d programs too well though.

TBH, I think the look is a bit old, (in web terms anwyay) as it's been duplicated by every wannabe web designer witha copy of max.

I do however thing that the idea of using 3d programs to make 'art' that's not based directly on reality is something that has alot of promise.

(:

- Kevin

agreed p tbh i like the style of it though and want to get the understand the basics so i can start to play around with it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

if you come up wih anything interesting post the results here for us all to see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement