Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent films on Hallowe'en ?

Options
  • 30-10-2001 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

So I haven't looked at the TV Guide yet but they always show complete drivel.

Tell me what do you recommend for tomorrow nights viewing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Tomorrow night, out of the 10 terrestrial channels, TWO are showing movies. TV3 is showing "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" - fair enough, if you're into that kind of thing. RTE, however, shouldn't have bothered. They're showing some old Frankenstein movie, starring Peter Cushing (Frankenstein has never scared me, ever), and - get this - "WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING". Now, could someone please explain to me WHY ON EARTH someone would take to showing that film on HALLOWEEN NIGHT? A romantic comedy... set around Christmas time... so show the film either at VALENTINES DAY or CHRISTMAS. Not during HALLOWEEN. It's this kind of idiotic behaviour on the part of RTE that helps me justify my not paying for a television license.

On a related note - anyone have an e-mail address for the head of programming at RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" - fair enough
    You've got to be kidding me... that pile o crap! it sux big time, its a mockery of its predecessors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Usual tripe on so.

They'll never get it together in that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

They probably thought that "While you were sleeping" was some kind of maiming nightmare freakish ghoulish horror movie! (While you were sleeping... I cut off your left testicle and fed it to the geese.... while you were sleeping I ghoulishly maimed your kittens... etc)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Originally posted by Gordon
    while you were sleeping I ghoulishly maimed your kittens... etc)

:D
    Lol havent laughed so hard in a long time lo.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Not on haloween, but the best ever zombie related movie, Evil Dead 2, is on thurs TV3 11:50(I think). That movie rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Did u see whats on offer !!

"While you were Sleeping" with Sandra B0ll1x (this is a soppy love story I think ?)

and "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" !!

Where are all the "return of the Living Dead" and "evil Dead" films and not to mention "Psycho" or even, and I know this is sad but, "Ghostbusters"....at least this film has Ghost's in it !!

Trust our national Broadcaster to show a crappy love tale on Halloween night !

Nice one RTE

(down to Extravision methinks!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Merged the two threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Haloween is such a hilarious film.In about the last half hour of the film Myers is stabbed,falls from heights,beaten shot 6 times at point blank range in the stomach and falls of the house 2 stories up-and still survives!Piss myself with laughter everytime.And anyway,whoever gave a psychiatrist the authority to carry a pistol?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Haloween is such a hilarious film.In about the last half hour of the film Myers is stabbed,falls from heights,beaten shot 6 times at point blank range in the stomach and falls of the house 2 stories up-and still survives!Piss myself with laughter everytime.And anyway,whoever gave a psychiatrist the authority to carry a pistol?

I think you're missing the main point of the film. Michael Myers is not just your average guy - he's a bizarre, unstoppable, knife-wielding maniac. He can't be killed. Thus the reason the film is so scary. The psychiatrist knew this guy was hella dangerous (but didn't know he couldn't be killed), so he was packin'.

If you can't be bothered suspending you disbelief for a couple of hours to be scared, especially at halloween time, you should probably stop watching movies altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Actually Myers is just a crazy madman who killed his sister and her boyfriend when he was a kid,spent most of his life in n asylum,escaped,killed ppl,and only survived so that he could turn up in innumerable sequels and spin offs.I dont really think that he was supposed to be superhumaan though.

Since you are persisting in this non-debate, allow me to simply refer you to the tag-line of the new Halloween Movie (The Homecoming) - "Evil can't be destroyed. You can burn it. Bury it. Lock it away, but Evil Never Dies".

Still no-go on that suspension of disbelief thing, huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Actually Myers is just a crazy madman who killed his sister and her boyfriend when he was a kid,spent most of his life in n asylum,escaped,killed ppl,and only survived so that he could turn up in innumerable sequels and spin offs.I dont really think that he was supposed to be superhumaan though.

Actually, it wasn't his sister and Myres was superhuman. in "H20" he got a tree stuck through his body and was still alive(an axe through the neck seemed to do it though).

Advertisement