Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamboozled - Lastest and lamest Spike Lee offering

Options
  • 26-10-2001 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

AVOID. This is supposed to be a funny, and to be frank there are some very comic moments. But the films central theme is racism. The fictional setup is rediculas (i.e. funny) but it is interspersed with crude racist jabs at black people FOR black people. The result I suppose should be to make white people uncomfortable and black people empowered toward the end. It is an overtly racist movie using reverse phycology in the naraitive to stir up racist feelings and basic bad vibes. Add to this it looks like it is shot on a handhel camcorder (which I think it was).

Spike Lee is a racist (this is hardly news) but this film is a glimpse both of the cleverness of the man and his darker side.

Advertisement