Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Germany joins worldwide surveillance trend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah, I spoke to some German politics post-graduates about three years ago and they were basicly warned 'officially' to be especially careful of putting sensative material on any internet connected machine, because of what the NSA were doing with Carnivore (and worse).

And how much will we actually here of when similar measures are enacted here? (or have they beeen already).

Trying not to sound paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Victor

And how much will we actually here of when similar measures are enacted here? (or have they beeen already).

Not in the ISP I used to work in, but who knows what Eircom & Esat have in place. I'd be more worried about the fact that most or all data out of Ireland goes through UK MoD boxen to the east, and US Carnivores to the west. Such is life.

Wasn't it also confirmed that every call that crossed the Irish Sea was monitored by UK defence agencies?
    Originally posted by Victor

Trying not to sound paranoid.

You're very self-concious Vicky... :)

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RFC666

Just a short point that MI6 are using Echelon around the border in places like South Armagh! :eek:

(See Sundayt Business Post; Computers In Business, Page 16)

So the next time you mail someone, dont forget to say hello to the boys.

Advertisement