Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem

Options
  • 23-04-2000 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

I'm on a crapppy 33.6 modem, and when I went to reinstall it the puter just won't find it, so now I'm configured to a "Winmodem Driver" thing.....if anyone has any suggestions how to get my REAL modem back please post them here

Syringe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

well the best thing to do is totally remove it from the system -> device manager control panel then reboot..(plug n play)... i assume u already did this and now it wont be recognoized.. mostly when this happens the modem will be listed under "other" devices... double click it then click the driver tab then click update driver the .inf file should already be on your pc for it.. prolly in the c:\windows\system dir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭syringe

Ya lost me already logic smile.gif
    I forgot to say in me post but it in step-by-step baby or simpletons terms smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

right no bother... open up the control panel and open system.. in there click on device manager.. there should be a heading entitled "other" or "other devices" click the + beside it and your modem should pop down... double click it and then click on the driver tab.. in there theres a button called update driver.. allow windows to search for your driver if it doesn't find anything then browse for it and it should be in your c:\windows\system folder
    if your modem isn't under other devices then it maybe listed under modems as a different type of modem... just follow the same steps for updating the driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭syringe

Thx logic m8 ill try that smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Normally what I'd do is As logic says is delete the Modem, go to add new hardware in control panels, dont auto detect for Hardware, Say have disk, And direct it to the windows system dir. If that doesnt work. D/l the new drivers from the web page if you can get them.

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement