Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you read a NTFS drive in win98??

Options
  • 19-04-2000 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

well can you?

any apps that can do this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

www.sysinternals.com/ntfs98.htm

[This message has been edited by Canaboid (edited 20-04-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

No... pretty sure you can't. Although if you can via the windows network, but not directly on the same machine.

98, is normally FAT32 which I think NT can't handle. We have duel booting machines here but we just format to FAT to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

you could read NTFS from 98 or 95 or dos, ever since ntfsdos was released about 3 years ago, it wont let you write to it though, although theres no reason why you cant, they(people who made ntfsdos) just want you to register to be able to write to it
    go to the link canaboid posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

there is a fat32 drive support program(read/write) for NT as well, we have been using both of these programs in college for ages..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Yeah Hobbes ya ****. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hey where did I say I knew everything? smile.gif

Thx for the info Cana/Koopa.

Advertisement