Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grphx Card Advice

Options
  • 19-04-2000 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Right ..

Buying a Grphx card ...

Question is which one. Obviously i was thinking Geforce ... but it seems there are a few of them.

I wanna know whether (for Games) there is any discernible difference between the

Outrageous Geforce DDR
    Annhilator and ....
    The Anhilator Pro

Or is the Voodoo 4 gonna be better than them all?

Cheers,

JAK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The Erazor X² (Geforce based) got a rave review in PC format because apparently Erazor have done some on board optimizations that other manufactures haven't. But go to www.tomshardware.com for a better answer.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The Leadtek DDR RevB looks quite nice. Much bigger heatsink than the usual, and dead cheap for one with TV out.
    They're doing a 64Mb version aswell.

Overclockers.co.uk have a good price on them at the mo.

Amp, is the X2 their Geforce-Quadro based card? (I know they're the only ones who use that modified chipset, but not sure of the model). It's a lot more expensive than the std. and adds features mainly aimed at CAD users.

The Voodoo 4000 wont match a Geforce, it's a bumped up V3. The 5500 will beat it on fill rate, but a lot of Geforces can be overclocked to within 10% of it's theoretical peak rate (But then how well will the Voodoo overclock aswell....). Ah, never mind, it still remains to be seen in the flesh so I wont speculate on it (The previews look really good so far though).
    The NV15 should be out within a few weeks of the V5500, and Nvidia claims 3x Geforce performance - which knowing them will mean more like 1.5, but that's still pretty nice.

If it was me? I'd wait for a week until proper reviews of shipping V5500's are out, but from the looks of it it'd be the one I'd buy if I had to get one soon.
    If you can wait, then bide your time for the next 6 weeks or so until you've seen all of this generations offerings.

Advertisement