Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tante zoe

• 22-10-2001 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

just back (ish) from new orleans and *really* feel like something cajun-has anyone been to this place in temple bar? Any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ate there about 3-4 years ago. it seemed OK. Have heard questions (some time ago) about the Blackrock one.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

As I eat out a lot, I do visit Tante Zoes now and again.
    The fact that I (sort of) frequent the place is a recommendation I guess.

Anyway:
    Food is fine (cheese log is good, gumbo is nice but too much for a starter, blackened chicken is good, pecan pie is gorgeous).
    Prices are reasonable.
    Service is variable.
    Sunday is best day to go (Brunch session).

Oh, You have GOT TO try their jug of punch, it is delicious and quite potent (the Missus and I once had 3 jugs between us one Sunday and we fell out of the place).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i was there on friday nite
    can't complain @ all
    food, service alll fine

not hte best menu ever but surf and turf was good

MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

that's interesting. I was talking to someone who had been there about two months ago and they said the food was awful. Have to go and try it for myself-is there anywhere else that does southern food (new orleans style)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

I've been there many times and each time the service was great, and the food was absolutely fantastic.

The atmosphere in the place is great, dimmed lighting, background jazz/creole music, though not too loud. I recommend the meatballs and cheese dip for starters :) Last time I was there (2 weeks ago), I had the blackened chicken in menunier sauce, and it was perfect. I had the steak bayou before, and there was nothing to fault with it either...

The only thing to fault is their awful website with terrible music :)

http://indigo.ie/~robbief/tante_zoes/restaurant.html

Definately worth trying (at least ;)) once.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Static

The only thing to fault is their awful website with terrible music :)

I see what you mean about the music.

Ick !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I was there once also, and even though I don't really like fish, when I left that place I did. The food is fantastic, sexual food, you might say, go and enjoy.

Advertisement