Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Score

Options
  • 15-10-2001 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

went to see 'the score' last week....by jayzes Brando has let himself go!.. that dude is of astronomical proportions :eek: !!

jolly good show all the same, top-notch performances and all that, plus a good pit of suspence.... the force is indeed strong with this one! - although in my opinion the trailer ruins a twist in the film.. but i hadint seen that when I went to the cinema! *phew*

.Goodshape

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

was a pretty efficient flick, though norton gets on my tits, esp with that rain man-era dustin hoffperson impersonaltion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Goodshape
    although in my opinion the trailer ruins a twist in the film.. but i hadint seen that when I went to the cinema! *phew*

O you've touched on a bit of a pet peave of mine...
    Cinemas should put a big warning during trailers ( a la Jerry Springer) to say If you want to see this film please leave the cinema now.
    I've walked out twice during the Amercias Sweethearts trailer so as not to spoil it.
    Its a fúckin disgrace the amount of the film they show you- If I had seen the American Pie 2 trailer it would have ruined what little funny bits there was.

NO MORE TRAILERS, NO MORE TRAILERS !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

a bit predictable. Ok flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by 80project
    NO MORE TRAILERS, NO MORE TRAILERS !!

...damn straight, all thats needed is a short little teaser... something along the lines of the matrix teaser trailers. Tells you FA about the film, but still looks damn cool!

...an extra-long trailer is a sign of a bad film anyway... they need to apeal to as many people as posable. If it were a sure thing they could generaly make it look good in about 10 seconds.

the absolute best trailers in my opinion are the ones that dont even include scenes from the film... like the Fight Club web-spots (with tyler / jack talking to the camera) or the T2 trailer where arny is getting built (its on the DVD)...

.Goodshape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Originally posted by Goodshape
    or the T2 trailer where arny is getting built (its on the DVD)...
    Funny that cause I remember how I loved this film when I first saw it in the cinema and thought it would've been so much better if I didn't know the t-100/arny was gonna be the good guy. I felt like I missed out on a wonderful plot twist by just knowing that. I am pretty sure there're other t2 trailers at the time that revealed a lot more or maybe it was the hype at the time, it was all over tv. Bottom line, most trailers and media hype are evil...

Oh, and Brando had actually lost weight. Does no one remember him in Don Juan DeMarco with Johnny Depp?

• Advertisement
Advertisement