Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCert Initiative certification

Options
  • 11-10-2001 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Is this certification worth getting? I'm not trying to break into development, I've plenty off dev experience mostly vb but about 10 months of java too now. I'm wondering what kind of propects and rewards you can expect to see with this, and is it worth the time invested.

(It's kind of like the MCP program from microsoft except its java)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I personally don't have a Java Certification, but it's something I will most likely be looking in to in the near future. There are 3 types of certification (I can't remember what they are, but hey!, that not important right now, lol).

But let's take for example you go in to an interview for a Java contract. Don't you think you will stand out, more so, than the others. I think if you want to be a successful Java programmer,

Success = Degree + Java Certification + Experience;

But that's all IMO :)

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Success = Degree + Java Certification + Experience

is exactly what I was thinking. I'm a little unsure about experience though. Should it be Java Experience or just experience. I've been a developer for 4 years now but only working with java since January and I hardly do that in work anymore. Although I'm a busy beaver at home that doesn't count per sé. Thats why I'm looking at certification.

So I'm going for

Success = Degree + Java Cert + Experience + Java Experience

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Oh, and I joined IJUG as well today, from the other java thread :)

Advertisement