Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork film festival

Options
  • 11-10-2001 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

last night i went to see j star 01. wow! those wacky japanese. it was great! well most of it anyway.

props & slops

props:
    the wide range which was used. alternating themes... all good

the XYZ guys(if you've seen it, then you'll get it) they totally lightened the mood and got folk into the mind set of enjoying/appriciating it rather than try to critique it one step at a time.

the hosts: triskel ... small but very nice and for being part of the CFF

j star... maddness

slops:
    i thought there would be more anime... but still what was there represented alot of different styles

the couple fighting at the start(the flick, not the patrons) i wasnt very good.

the lady behind me who kept laughing at everything

j star... waaay to short

end props & slops

has anybody else seen it?

j

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stonecold

to be completly honest i thought it was a bunch of ass and not entirely clever at all,

usually with the one dot zero thing you get a few gems mixed in with a load of pretty dodgy material, admittedly the xyz short was entertaining a sometimes clever but that was pretty much it, the rest of it was just odd, the guy taking the free kicks - what was that about ??

i also went on monday nite and again even though there was a lot of mediocre stuff there was some amazing stuff, Johnny hardstaffs short the future of gaming and henrik maulers piece were incredible,

unfortunately I missed tuesday nites show, but I really could have done with missing last nites,

one thing though did you notice the amount of water or references to like the xyz guy who swam everywhere, very odd I wonder was it just coincidence or is there some weird Japanese water vibe thing going on ….

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

the guy kicking footballs... that was a music video.

the swimming... swimming is easier, both to do and on the eye, than walking/running. its more fluid.

i cant make the Irish Flash flick tonite :( are you going? if so post what it was like.

j

didnt go but i would imagine that you will be able to get most of the line up online anway ...

to be honest im a bit disillusioned by the whole festival thing, i would imagine that the purpose of any film festival is to encourage people to go to the cinema and to get involved, i think that the entrance fees to every show (£5.50) is crazy and the fee to become a member should be nominal, they made money last year and i would imagine they are going to do the same again this year, im saying it should be for free but some sort of balance should be realised, esp considering all the funding and sponsorship they get, rant rant,

anyhowse im going to some seminar today in crawford, 3d and digi animation etc, should be interesting and its free!!!

btw i would imagine that floating/flying/hovering would be easier again on both the eye and technically so im not sure if that was the reason ...

and i realise that the guy kicking the ball was from a music vid my point is that if you go to see digital movies which is the premise behind one dot zero, then why show us odd music videos?

Advertisement