Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade

Options
  • 08-10-2001 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

watched this the other night on BBC2...Has to be the best opening scene to a film doesn't it?....classy stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Agreed. Excellent film

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

yep. I thought it was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah a good action film, some nice scenes, the opening one was great :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Another good point as to why films made from comic books don't have to be "Batman & Robin"...

Class film...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Isn't Samantha Mumba meant to be in Part II ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Shamie

Yeah very cool film..

Sound Track to it is cool aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

am I the only one who thinks Blade is pure sh!te?!

...its too cool! its like its trying to be cool. the 'cool' 'trendy' 'street-smart' vampiers vs the squares in the suits... want happend to vampiers with class and style and stealth?! (ie. Interview with the Vampire... or even John Carpenters' Vampiers)

I admit I never read the comic book, but I pray to god it isint like that film...

...and im not even going to start on the special effects!

-Goodshape.

flanagan.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by Goodshape
    am I the only one who thinks Blade is pure sh!te?!

Why yes :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

YES YOU ARE!!!!! ......how can you think this is *****, com on man FFS, it's meant to be too cool, coz it'd never happen in real life, thats why it's a film.......dummy.:D

I watched the film on sunday coz i was doing the dnc lan, but it was worth it to look at even though i was tired.

BTW, that was my first time seeing it... :)

Mumba will not be in the next Blade movie.The next Blade movie will see Blade and his team of Vampires (including Whistler) Taking on a mutant strain of Vampire called Reapers sounding pritty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Mumba did screentest for Blade 2, but didnt get the part.

jc

Originally posted by Goodshape
    John Carpenters' Vampiers

At many times I think I'm the only person who LIKES that film.

I thought it was better than Blade, as the film didn't trail off into cartoony sillyness as blade seemed to do.

Vampires was great, as killing a vampire was tough work, and not just kick 'em around a bit, and stake 'em Buffy style...
    There was a team of slayers, armed with ****loads of guns, and all armored up... Then they had to gun the ****e out of the vamps, stake 'em, and attatch them to a winch to be dragged out into the sun, and burned up to kill them.

And there was a real sense of desolation, and James Woods was a great lead.
    Very cool kinda Western/Road movie/Action movie/horror flick...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

y yes it is ****, but still watchable, a lot of groaning moments in it. WHISLER heh heh, t'was laughin at that for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

Yeah I thought it was a great film but after watching it for my 4th time its getting less good each time :)

So who he was having an affair with Johns wife..

Originally posted by AngelWhore

Vampires was great, as killing a vampire was tough work, and not just kick 'em around a bit, and stake 'em Buffy style...
    There was a team of slayers, armed with ****loads of guns, and all armored up... Then they had to gun the ****e out of the vamps, stake 'em, and attatch them to a winch to be dragged out into the sun, and burned up to kill them.

Well the vampire making mince meat of the team was pretty cool but the film itself was laughable. Especially the start where they walk into the nest in a tiny house. Theres only so much space in a house like that. Its not the Tardis !

And there was a real sense of desolation, and James Woods was a great lead.

Woods was so so so bad. One of the worst preformances he did. His whole swagger and strut walking into the house at the start. Snails were flying past him he was going so slowly.

Myself and my friends saw that in the cinema completely sober and we thought it was a good laugh, but not for the plot or acting.

Originally posted by yellum

Well the vampire making mince meat of the team was pretty cool but the film itself was laughable. Especially the start where they walk into the nest in a tiny house. Theres only so much space in a house like that. Its not the Tardis !

Where is it stated in the film that it's NOT a tardis??? :D
    Originally posted by yellum

Woods was so so so bad. One of the worst preformances he did. His whole swagger and strut walking into the house at the start. Snails were flying past him he was going so slowly.

Myself and my friends saw that in the cinema completely sober and we thought it was a good laugh, but not for the plot or acting.

Man... It's supposed to be cheesy!!! He's supposed to strut around like an arrogant bastid!
    You're missing the point!
    It's a B-Movie...

It's COOL!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Blade = hyp4r l33t,almost 2 cool to be legal.
    Vampires = good idea on making vampires hard as nails,but badly acted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yes, I was lucky enough to see Blade in the cinema when it came out. I tell ya, the opening scene on Screen 1 of the Savoy is a sight to see. :)

I also loved the way they handled the vampires in the film. Not just a few of them wandering about and hiding in basements but an entire society with its own sub-culture. Its one of the few films that can seriously stand up and say "I am a good film adaption of a comic book idea!"

However, I really do fear for the sequel, I have the feeling it will be pants, hope i'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 chunk 3:16

hey good shape was right this
    film sucks the ass cheeks of satan
    himself never have i seen a bigger
    pile of poo put on film.

and the special effects where
    s**T i could fart a better movie.

in closing anyone who had
    anything to do with this turd
    should be shot.
    especialy stephan norrigton

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds

However, I really do fear for the sequel, I have the feeling it will be pants, hope i'm wrong.

Its got a good Director and co-writer. Guillermo del Toro.

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Toro,+Guillermo+del

I just saw The Devils Backbone and it was quite good. Very very good performances from everyone. If he gets the same emotion and atmosphere in Blade 2 it should really be a good show.

The only bit I disliked in Blade was the ending when Dorf turns into a blood demon. That just looked naff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement