Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windies scripting

Options
  • 04-10-2001 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

What I want to do is to be able to start and stop a service(in this case messenger - for net send). I would like to write a script to do this but can't find anywhere to start. Microsoft just assumes u want web scripting when u search its site and so does most search engines. I haven't been able find a good tutorial on how to do this or even what tools u need. I don't think a bat file would be powerful enough to start and stop services. The actual service is called service.exe in the sytem32 dir. Running this doesn't seem to start or stop it so thats why I persume a simple bat file wouldn't work.
    I could go to services everytime I want to stop it but I would prefer just some sort of executable that i can click of the taskbar.
    The reason I want to be able to do this is because net sends are a real pain in the ass when ur playing a game or more precisely ahmmm cough quake ahmmm. Anyone have any idea where to start. I would prefer to do it myself but if anyone has something remotely like this wrote already I would gladly accept it and try to alter it to my own needs.
    Any help apprec.

PS if this doesn't make sense tell me and I will try and write it when I'm awake :o .

Damn u netsends! Damn u to Hell!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Right I'll give you the straigh answer a CMD/BAT file will do this for you. The commands you need are as follows
    net start messenger
    net send name "message"
    net stop messenger

You can get all fancy with the command file if you like but I'll leave that up to hobbes he noramlly does a good job of things like that :p

Advertisement