Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get this?

Options
  • 02-10-2001 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Got an email from "Brosnan Solicitors" <brosnanandco@eircom.net> about 3 days ago with the subject "LANDREG" and the message
    "Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks"

with the virus "LANDREG.doc.pif" attached.
    Don't ask me what this does because I didn't open it. I was wondering if ye knew anything about it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

It's the sircam virus I believe. Just delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

That was quick!
    Very helpful, thanks!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Better inform the sender too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I just got it there...............12 times, all from the same woman.....I have no Idea who she is and she is from hawai?!?!!?!?!!?!?.....just sent all 2megs of the mails back to her.......with a rude reply

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by sutty
    I just got it there...............12 times, all from the same woman.....I have no Idea who she is and she is from hawai?!?!!?!?!!?!?.....just sent all 2megs of the mails back to her.......with a rude reply

That's constructive. Ignorance on both sides, eh?

adam

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by sutty
    .....I have no Idea who she is and she is from hawai
    It trawls for e-mail addresses in your internet cache as well as your address book. She may have visited a page with your address on it and that's how you got the mails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

She must have been looking for a hot internet virgin.

Advertisement