Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q about The Fast and the Furious

Options
  • 28-09-2001 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

I just a a few Questions about that film:

1. The cars were done up to be beasts with huge engines and gadgets but when they were having a race and it showed the top speed dial it was at 160 which in today terms isn't that fast + don't Americans use kph? Oh and when your man got up to 160 the car started to fall apart....what’s the deal with that?

2. They kept repeating "10second car" Did they mean a car that can get from 0-60 in less that 10 secs? If so ffs thats crap, even sportish [bmw,porshe] cars with that basics can reach that speed at around 8-12 secs

3. When the four cars pulled up against the trucks why did he just drive straight or hit into them? 3 tonne Truck vs. Car hhhhhmmm lets see oh I know drive straight and let them climb aboard and give me a beaten :confused
    :

if I said anything wrong don't eat the head off me :) im only curious and juat asking a few quiestuons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Cant answer them all but......

most american cars still use mph afaik. The metric system is still catching on over there ;)

The 10 second car is racing the car over a specified distance in under 10 seconds, like drag racing. I *think* the distance is 1/4 of a mile...which when you think in those terms is quite fast indeed.

As for the gaskets blowing like that, it was to do with the Nitrous Oxide(The fancy tanks of gas they all had in their car) being fed in with the fuel. It breaks down but actually forms more gas than was put in when heated.....inside the pistons of the engine...which makes the pistons fire out faster...giving a huge boost of acceleration to the car but putting a serious amount of extra pressure on the engine cylinders....causing bits to blow out of it at very high speeds.

make any sense?

The car vs truck thin i agree with you though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Originally posted by Snaga
    Cant answer them all but......

The 10 second car is racing the car over a specified distance in under 10 seconds, like drag racing. I *think* the distance is 1/4 of a mile...which when you think in those terms is quite fast indeed.
    You are right the "10 Second car" they keep going on about is over a 1/4 mile. Which is the American boy racer equivalent of 0-60.
    As for the gaskets blowing like that, it was to do with the Nitrous Oxide(The fancy tanks of gas they all had in their car) being fed in with the fuel. It breaks down but actually forms more gas than was put in when heated.....inside the pistons of the engine...which makes the pistons fire out faster...giving a huge boost of acceleration to the car but putting a serious amount of extra pressure on the engine cylinders....causing bits to blow out of it at very high speeds.
    I think you will find that they do not use nitrous oxide in burst's if someone is using nitrous oxide they would use it from the start not by pushing a button as this would have no effect (ie. pushing you back into the seat) all oxide does is it makes the engine burn fuel more efficently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

The 10 second car, makes sense :D Don't know how I didn't realise that becuase they kept saying "The 10 second car " over and over again,then they were racing 1/4 races doooooohhhh

Advertisement