Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyfermot College 'IMP' Course

Options
  • 27-09-2001 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

http://www.scb.ie/animult/animat.html for information.

Anybody know if this course is any good? Worthwhile?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

I did the computer animation and 3d modelling course there and it was amazing i thought. really changed my whole career path. never looked back. i now work freelance doing 3d and every other kind of computer arts and am never stuck for work. im also lecturing in University of Ulster in 3d modelling and animation.

Its an amazing course tho ballyers is a kip itself. i'd recommend doing any of the courses if the comp animation is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Thanks! I was so hoping nobody would say it was total toss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Yeah, IMP is the sister course to LUDO. (there also right next door to each other) Pretty much the same, except its not focused towards games.
    Exactly how i got started too.

Go for it.

Sweet, cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

Yeah, IMP is the sister course to LUDO.
    whats LUDO?

• Advertisement

It's another course at BC.

http://www.scb.ie/animult/animat.html

Details are on that page.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

hey there?

iv just done that course last year i am now doin the MMHND

its alright if u put ur work into it, the campus is great ur in town, on the corner of georges st and dame st

viv, the course co ord, was saying that the removed the 3D studio max class this year?
    its more focused on web design, like photoshop, director, dreamweaver, loads of audio stuff like soundforge etc

go for it,its only a year course anywho

Originally posted by jamiecake
    viv, the course co ord, was saying that the removed the 3D studio max class this year?
    its more focused on web design, like photoshop, director, dreamweaver, loads of audio stuff like soundforge etc

Suits me just fine :)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bitch[LuDo]

Heya guys, I did the ludo course last year and if its animation you want thats the course to do for sure. Imps good all round but in all honesty the ludo class is taught alot more max then the Imp class and it seems this year that the imp class have even less! Its more for web designers now. But the new Hnd Multimedia has some animation in it if you want somehting to show at the end of the course. Ludo is the best fun, but you dont get anything cert wise from it :confused:

Bitch[LuDo] :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Hrm, I seem to have gotten an NCVA L2 from it...

• Advertisement

You sure about that? In Imp i think you do get an Ncva level 2, not sure though but definitely not Ludo. Theres not enough modules taught by Ncva to get a level 2 award all you get is a certificate of acivement :( (which isnt actually worth anything if you want to go onto another course unless its the mmhnd in ballyfermot) Maybe the year you did it was different and you were lucky though :) But hey if anyone wants to ask about Ludo them feel free to email me or pm me.

Bitch [LuDo] :p

I've another question actually.

Is the IMP course directed at experienced users or beginners?

beginners definitely. I mean you need to know a few basics to impress them a little in the interview but other then that everything is done from scratch. Same with ludo actually, all you need is alot of interest :D You thinking of applying?

Bitch[LuDo]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by Bitch[LuDo]
    You sure about that? In Imp i think you do get an Ncva level 2, not sure though but definitely not Ludo. Theres not enough modules taught by Ncva to get a level 2 award all you get is a certificate of acivement :( (which isnt actually worth anything if you want to go onto another course unless its the mmhnd in ballyfermot) Maybe the year you did it was different and you were lucky though :) But hey if anyone wants to ask about Ludo them feel free to email me or pm me.

Bitch [LuDo] :p
    [/QUOTE

Strange that.
    Myself and Sico there did it in 1999-2000, we both got our NCVA certs.
    Whats the story with the Extension? Are the extra year(s) going ahead or is that just some waffle?

Originally posted by Bitch[LuDo]
    You thinking of applying?

Definately :)

Not till next year though.

heya havok*,

I just checked the website and they must have changed ludo the year i did it or something coz its definitely now a 'NCVA Level 2 Certificate of Achievement' which wont get you into another course, as such its just saying well done you did half the ncva level 2 course kinda thing. I was well annoyed when i found that one out. The Imp course however is a 'NCVA Level 2 Award in Multimedia' whcih will help for further education.

Nahhh that was definitely waffle bout Ludo being extended coz we heard that bout half way thru last year as well but of course nothing happened or will for a long time i think :( Its probably because the new course that im doing now the Hnd in Mulitmedia got funding from bally already so Ludo's extension would be a long way off!

What you doing now youve finished? Was your project the space one with the satallite and all the rest? ;)

Bitch[LuDo] :p

Advertisement