Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showdown in little Tokyo

Options
  • 25-09-2001 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Ah yes, a true classic was shown lst ngt on net2! We were treated to a film truly innocent of all spoofs, which had the kind of plot line more akin to a modern paraody in modern tv programming shorts. They don't make 'em like that nowadays do they?

And who could forget such classic lines as:

"You have the right to be dead"
    "If I don't get my breakfast I get grumpy, you wouldn't like me grumpy."
    "In case we die I want to tell you something Kenner" "Yes?" "You've the biggest dick I've ever seen on another man" "Thanks"

Hmmm, maybe this belongs in humour?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

That the Brandon Lee movie ?

Name reminds me of Big Trouble in Little China which was such a cool movie.

/me goes DVD searching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Showdown in little tokyo was good crack, pity he didn't get the chance to make a lot more movies (Brandon, not the other mupet).

I have to agree that Big trouble in little china is a classic, got a double box set, region 1 - has a load of features, worth getting if you like the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Yer man in it was a true Zeitgeist of the 80's law enforcement movement , decked up in A karate Kimono*in broad daylight :eek: * with a Samurai sword in One hand and a Mac-10 *the Mp5 of the eighties* in the other...Gunning down Japaneese Yakuza left right and center , I mean , theyre outperforming the US economically ..they must be evil right?

Great Craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Poor old Brandon.....Getting to deliver the dick line to Dolph, who later was outted as gay (hence his macho folm career ended). I say the film once and was in hysterics (although I held my piece when Tia got jiggy ;) )

Advertisement